There are many ways to contribute and get involved in guifi.net. These are the main ones:
- EXTENDING THE NETWORK.
The best way to contribute to guifi.net, is extending the network! by making donations and setting up nodes and supernodes to make the telecomunication infrastructures available to more people and to more territories. Do-it-Yourself! You are guifi.net! All the hardware you contribute will be always yours and will be part of a network belonging to all of us!
To learn how to do it, just have a look at the three-steps guide to guifi.net.
- PROVIDING A LOCATION TO HOST HARDWARE (a node, a supernode, or a duct to deploy optical fibre)
Perhaps you just want to see what it is about and perhaps you have a place to host some hardware contributed by someone else... Can you access to ducs, roads, motorways, telephone or telecomunication poles? Maybe somebody else would like to use them to extend guifi.net. Make it possible, facilitate access to your facilities.
- INTERCONNECTING YOUR TELECOMUNICATIONS NETWORK.
All in all this is what Internet is about: a network of computer networks. Have you got your own WiFi network, a cooperative network, some dark fiber?
What about interconnecting with guifi.net?. It is a clear win-to-win. Everybody wins! This is the success key of Internet!
Hey, we also accept peering with other Telcos. Don't forget that we are an open network!
- OTHER MEANS OF PARTICIPATION:
There are many other ways to contribute. Check some of them below, but keep in mind that there are many more. Contribute with your ideas!
- Are you an student or a teacher?
What about doing some research on guif.net?
You can develop network managing applications, WEB applications, multimedia applications, map servers, etc.
guifi.net is primarily a technosocial project, with many implications in the social, the political, the economical, and the territorial fields that must be carefully driven and promoted.
Regulations and telecomunicacions laws, social marketing and public relations, communication and dissemination, social media, community management, networking, ICT research, economics models, infrastructures, human geography, social and economic telecomunications usage, international projects, research and innovation projects, grants hunting, documentation, translations, etc...
More ideas? You are welcome!
The way to contribute in this area is:
- Set up collaboration agreements between your school and the guifi.net Foundation.
There are several options to do research work on guifi.net, in a local gropu for instance. We know that usually the on-the-field work is more attractive than the theoretical one. guifi.net is a place to learn. We are a hacker entity with a step-by-step mentality... If you know how to do it, why not showing it to your friends?
- Doing applied research on guifi.net.
- Have you got a company? Are you an entrepreneur?.
If the network is open and free, why not making business with it? ICT plays a key roll in our globalized society.
- Are you working in the public administration or a social entity?.
- Are you an investor? What about making money in a project aimed to the public good?
- Making donations is also a way to contribute. You can donate directily to the Fundation or to any of the local groups. Any cent is welcome!. Have a look at “Donate”.